School Parent and Family Engagement Plan
(Provide the name and contact number of the person responsible for each action)
1. List various communication strategies used in your school to provide additional information to parents and to increase parent and family engagement in supporting classroom instruction.
Conway Junior High School will implement communication strategies for parents in a variety of ways:
2. List the proposed parent meeting, conferences and activities regularly throughout this year and the dates providing flexible meeting times that you have planned to increase parent and family engagement and build staff and parent capacity to engage in these types of efforts. (Must include the 2 state mandated parent/teacher conferences each year.)
3. How will your school provide information to parents about volunteer opportunities (must include state mandated parent training)?
Two (2) hours of professional development for teachers is given on a rotational basis, based on ADE requirements. The professional development is designed to equip teachers with effective parental involvement strategies.
PAWS will send out surveys via the website, Facebook, Twitter, and CPSD app for parents to become involved in various events.
CJHS will provide instruction to a parent on how to incorporate developmentally appropriate learning activities in the home environment, including without limitation: role play and demonstration by trained volunteer, the use of and access to the Department of Education website tools for parents, assistance with nutritional meal planning and preparation and other strategies or curricula developed or acquired by the school district for at-home parental instruction approved by the Department of Education.
4. How will your school work with parents to create a School-Parent-Compact?
5. How will your school provide opportunities for parents to be involved in the development, implementation and evaluation of the school wide school improvement plan, and the Annual Title I Meeting to engage them in the decision-making processes regarding the school's Title I, Part A Program?
6. How will your school provide resources for parents?
7. How will your school engage parents in the evaluation of your parent and family engagement efforts?
Parents will participate in our school culture survey which will help us to evaluate our parental involvement efforts. The results of the survey will provide us with data that drive our decision making in future efforts.
8. How will your school use the parent interest surveys to select, plan and implement parent and family engagement activities that will be offered throughout the year?
CJHS will sponsor seminars to inform the parents of our students about how to be involved in the decisions affecting course selection, career planning, and preparation for postsecondary opportunities.
9. When will your school plan the Annual Title I Meeting that must be conducted separately? (It CANNOT be held in conjunction with any other meetings or activities.)
*After completion of this form, the school should to the district for review, feedback, and approval. Once approved, the school is required to post their School Parent Plan on their website.
*For Save and Preview, if pdf does not appear, please check pop-up settings.